Well, after letting Mandy be the guinea pig last year, I took the plunge and let a stranger zap my eyes with lasers.
I got a lot of free advice/warnings from colleagues, friends, relatives, and other helpful souls. Here's my taking on the most popular bits of trivia:
Lasik True or False
- You have to wear glasses for three days prior to the surgery (no contacts).
- True. I had never worn glasses to work before last week. People kept telling me how much smarter I looked with glasses. Good thing I got Lasik.
- False. They didn't even offer me any. But hey, I know I look tough.
- False. They do put numbing drops in your eyes. But then they stick something on top of your eyeball and push down really hard so it can't move. But like I said, I'm tough.
- True. I'm not sure how I'll manage this week.
- True. Everything does look bright. Except for me; I look cool in shades in the dark.
- True. Reason enough to get it done. I might do it once a year.
Why yes, I'm wearing fleece Angry Birds pajama pants. I'm glad you asked.
Mandy, the sensitive wife that she is, cooked a special meal for me while I recovered.
Overall, thumbs up on the whole process. I'd recommend it, if only for the nap.