Since I haven't been surrounded by Mandy's crafting for a couple of days, I'm going through craft-talk withdrawl and have been forced into more manly conversations. It's been a difficult transistion.
Ever wonder what topics your husband's talk about on business trips?
- Books we brought for the plane. Me: 18 Minutes. Dave: Everything I Want to Do is Illegal
- Dave has a backyard garden on a normal city lot that puts out thousands of pounds of produce each year.
- How thousands of guys get together to recreate midievil battles and shoot each other with rubber tipped arrows and launch bags of flour at each other from catapults. This topic had strangers in the airport tearing up laughing.
- The messy breakup between a female relative and her boyfriend at a family gathering. His grandfather, who had not been part of the conversation, leaned in and said, "If there's shooting that needs done, let me know. I've lived a long life."
- The above story followed the agreement that the proper response to a young man who has just asked for your daughter's hand in marriage is something like "Don't screw it up. I'm OK with life in prison."
- The proper drying time between Mod Podge coats.
- Global warming: the concensus among six engineers is that the data doesn't support man made causes.
- Air travel war stories, including one in our group who once tackled a potential terrorist who started behaving strangely. Turns out it was a guy having a heart attack.
- And politics. But I'll leave that up to lil blue boo.
Answers from Monday's garage sale post:
Motorcycle: $244 - It was listed at $300 and I offered $250 cash. Turned out I only had $244 cash on me at the time (which is very strange, since I normally have no cash). I offered to run home (next door) for $6, but they declined and signed the title. It needs a new chain and sprocket, but is otherwise good to go.
Table saw: $75 - No bargaining.
Air hockey: $40 - I talked the seller up on his price. He said he just wanted it out of his garage and into a home with kids.