It likewise shifted first day of school duties over to me.
The night before:
- Baths and showers early. Emphasis on using soap and not just the 9-year old twelve second rinse.
- Tell kids the four secrets of making friends (smile, say hi, ask about them, remember names).
- Tell each kid two special traits they have.
- Give each kid a father's blessing.
- Go to bed 30 minutes early per dad-schedule, which is 30 minutes late per mom-schedule.
- Recheck supply list. I assume having left over boxes of crayons and glue is like having screws and bolts left over after an IKEA assembly.
- Are cinnamon rolls considered brain food?
- Sack lunch or buy lunch for first day?
- Two girl hair dos: basket weave or bow braids? Nah, I do a mean pony tail.
- Where's their bus stop? I seem to remember Mandy mentioning that they moved it this year...
- Picture props: where's the chalkboard sign?
- No DSLR.
- Do I have to cry when our kindergartner gets on the bus since Mandy won't be there?
What's worse, Mandy will miss half of her first day of fall freedom.
Lastly, I almost had to take over Mandy's posting for Tuesday. On Wednesdays she does the "Reader Feature" wrap up of her link party, where she picks her favorites and features them. I was going to do a "Take-a-Look Tuesday Are You Drunk" feature based on the links, but luckily Mandy had arranged for a guest to do the feature this week. Too bad, as there was a lot of potential content for my style of feature.
For future reference, how ticked would you be at Mandy if I raked your link-up over the coals publicly?